Thursday, June 7, 2007

New Ploreho shop opening and projects progress

Update: it looks like it wasn't worth to keep it :p

After just a few days of delay I am posting the news about the opening of a new shop in the Edge sim.
Not sure if this is the kind of target that's good for my business, but I just liked the idea of having a shop in some crazy traffic area, and the Edge is a good start I guess.
I will be monitoring sales there and see if it's worth to keep it up or not, but for now, enjoy and take a visit if you get bored of dancing in the nearby dancefloor :p
On a side note, I am still finishing up my new home lights line, I polished my scripts a lot and made them very modular, in the meaning that people will have the option of buying normal, finished products (like desk lamps, wall lamps etc) or buying a do-it-yourself package.
Inside it you'll find full mod/nocopy prims containing the scripts, which you will be able to transfer to your own lamps, or anyway lamps with mod privileges you own.
There will be a script for each major function, for example, the "core" will be made up by the switch script, the daylight script (to manage light turning on/off according to sun position) and the control bridge one (to make it compatible with the light controller I talked about in another post).
The other "mandatory" script will be the bulb controller one, it will work in pair with the core scripts and will light up any prim you will put the script in, according to the switch commands, if the prim itself is linked to the core scripts one of course.
Then the "fullbright" script, it will change the prim you put it in to fullbright or not according to light status on or off.
The "light cone" prim/script to be used in spotlights, to give that light cone effect.
The "particle" script, to be put in all the other kind of lights, to give a nice glow effect when light turns on or off (with color switch of course).
If it sounds a bit complicated, don't worry, it's really just a matter of dropping the right script in the right prim, and I'll make the "demo object" really easy to understand.
If you just want finished products, no problem, those are working out-of-the-box anyway .
I guess I'll have all ready for the weekend, unless something bad happens :p

No comments: